Final fantasy XIV Main Scenario quests
The Main Scenario quests (MSQ) are several long sets of quests that creates the main storyline for Final Fantasy XIV. They can only be completed once per character, and rewards significally more XP than regular quests. They are the main way for you to follow the story line and features both voice acting and cinematics.
They will, in a pedagogical way, introduce you step by step to most of the vital aspects of the game such as:
- lvl 15 – Airship
- lvl 16 – Duties and duty finder (dungeon instances)
- lvl 20 – Grand Company faction and personal chocobo (mount)
- lvl 30 – Jobs
- and a lot more
Divided into archs
The MSQ is so far divided into five grand archs. Generally, you will have one set of quests while leveling, and another set once you hit a level cap (former) that were introduced in order to lead up to the next expansion. You can’t proceed into the next expansion without finishing the ALL MSQ from the previous one first. See the chronological order below:
- Realm Reborn
- 7th Umbral Era Quests – Level 1 – 50 story quests released in patch 2.0. These quests end in The Ultimate Weapon.
- 7th Astral Era Quests – Level 50 quests that continued the story through patches 2.1 – 2.5.
- Heavensward Main Scenario Quests – Level 50 – 60 story quests released with the expansion and patch 3.0 Heavensward.
- Dragonsong War Quests – Level 60 quests that continued the Heavensward story through patches 3.1 – 3.5.
- Stormblood Main Scenario Quests – Level 60 – 70 story quests released with the expansion and patch 4.0 Stormblood
To red the full article on Main Scenario Quests visit The FF XIV Wiki >>
List of All Main Scenario Quests